About Narrabeen Sharks

Narrabeen Junior Rugby League Football Club had its beginning on March 7, 1932 in Jack McLean’s barber shop at the Narrabeen tram terminus. Jack McLean was elected the Club’s first President, W.Lloyd Secretary and P.Moore Treasurer. Other original members of the club were: Messrs D. Bryson, W. Pilon, S. Clayton, D. Elliot, T. Clark, S. Compton, C. Fletcher, J. Kirkwood, F. Aldridge and F. Crocket.

Among the decisions made at the inaugural meeting was that the club enter “A” and “B” grade teams in the Manly Warringah Rugby League competition becoming the first registered rugby league club in the district. Those first two sides took the field in the same colours we play in today-BLACK and WHITE.Of the original members,Jack McLean and P.Moore served as President and Treasurer respectively until 1940 and Jack Kirkwood as Secretary from 1934 to 1940.

In those early months of 1932 the generosity of Narrabeen Football Club supporters was established ,not unlike it is today, a Mr W Aldridge donated a football, Mr W Pilon donated his premises known as Pilon’s Hall in Octavia St. for a dance probably our first social function and Mr Moore donated the funds to cover the electric light bill.

For the 1932 season the “A” Grade team made the semi-finals and the “B”Grade team won the inaugral Premiership a feat they also accomplished in 1933.In 1935 the”A”Grade won their first premiership a photo of the team including some of our early administrators is included in our photo gallery. In 1938 the”A”Grade won their 2nd Premiership and the”B”Grade backed up with Premierships in 1938 and 1940.